Thursday, August 29, 2024

Rain, Rain !! Come NOW!!

 Today - the 29th of August I am desperately hoping for rain.  The national meteo service has promised it, with warnings.  

When I got out of bed early this morning (0800) and looked over the back garden I was quite shocked.  The extensive lawn looked rust coloured, brown rust, dead.  The large leaves of the maple had all fallen and covered the grass. So I decided to provoke the rain gods as much as I can.  

 To start with I there is a bright red bathroom mat conspicuously near the rose bush ring.   And it seems that a cushion has fallen off one of the outdoor chairs...also it would appear that I have foolishly left a loaf of bread outside. 

 All this scene setting has been hanging around for nearly three hours to very little effect.  Is it possible I am going to have to sacrifice an expensive pair of leather shoes?


No comments:

Post a Comment