Sunday, August 11, 2024

An uncomfortable collection of pears

 

There is only one pear tree in my front garden - but it bears three different types of pear - why I can only speculate.  Was there really only room for one additional fruit tree?  Why was it put in the vegetable garden rather than the orchard across the pathway?. There there are peach trees, plum trees, one mulberry - which may not survive much longer.

How am I going to work out which pears will ripen when...since they are all on different exposures some will have more sun that others.   As to my getting a ladder propped agains the tree - forget it. One can just about see the trunk...

Nagging at the back of my mind is the thought that once I had a device that looked like a net on a long bamboo pole which was eqipped with a cutting device to separate fruit from branch - one at a time!!  But then, in the very near future I will have been at La Chaise for half a century...I am trying NOT to frighten myself with this notion....just accept that many, many things will have disappeared...

Ah well!   What is that 'they' say about patience?   Apparently it is a virtue not, seemingly, one that I possess.



No comments:

Post a Comment